Medical Qigong Therapist Training
Therapist level training in Medical Qigong therapy from the lineage of Dr. Jerry Alan Johnson (PhD, DTCM - International Institute of Medical Qigong (IIMQ)), as taught by Noël Taylor (DMQ) of Victoria, BC.
This course is open to students who have completed all in-class training of the medical Qigong practitioner training.
Jerry Alan Johnson, an accomplished Kung Fu and Qigong master, has dedicated his recent life to transmitting his knowledge through his prolific writing and teaching. He wrote the main textbooks for this first-level course, an extensive 5-volume series entitled “The Secret Teaching of Chinese Energetic Medicine”, which is also the main source of information for all the subsequent levels as well.
Qigong can be described as the skilful application of life force energy. It is the foundational knowledge base of all Chinese medicine, including traditional Chinese medicine as well as Tai Chi. Its main purpose is to help a person align with their divine destiny by addressing the obstacles blocking access to their True Self. The ultimate goal of a Qigong practitioner is to assist others, humans and animals alike, in manifesting what they took birth for.
Medical Qigong recognizes the multi-dimensional aspects of all beings and indeed this is reflected in both the exercises that are shared with others and the treatments provided by practitioners, all of which help re-balance and often treat health conditions and diseases occurring at the physical, mental, emotional and/or spiritual levels and which arise from disruptions in the flow of their life force.
Conditions which can be helped by medical Qigong therapy and exercises span the spectrum of known human and animal diseases including common acute and chronic issues such as headaches and migraines, digestive complaints, menstrual as well as pregnancy and labour issues, to more serious and debilitating diseases like arthritis other auto-immune conditions, and cancers and tumours.
The education provided in this first level training introduces the aspiring practitioners to all the basic knowledge sufficient to recognize the energy disregulations that underlay disease in order for the practitioner to offer the first level of care to those in need of a deeper exploration of the reasons at the root of their complaints. This training also invites the development of one’s intuitive and extra-sensory abilities with focused meditations and personal exercises. Indeed, this training includes a focused attention on the health of the practitioners themselves.
This first level training is also a prerequisite for all subsequent training leading to the therapist diploma, masters in medical Qigong, and the doctorate.
This course follows the curriculum of the International Institute of Qigong and Shamanic Chinese Medicine. This 22-day program is divided in 4 weekend modules and provides 150 hours of in-person, practical and theoretical training covering the topics shown below, as well as 84 hours of clinical internship and externship:
MQT 5: Sensory, Intuitive, and Perceptual Assessment
- Introduction to energetic differential assessment
- Assessment according to the eight energetic principles
- Overview of assessment according to dysfunctions of Qi, Blood, and Body Fluids
- Overview of assessment according tho the Five Element theories
- Understanding Sensory, Intuitive and Perceptual Assessment
- Auxiliary Medical Qigong Healing Modalities
- Medical Qigong Treatment Using Talismans Medical Qigong
MQT 6: Medical Qigong Dao Yin Therapy and Rectifying Qi Deviations
- Introduction to medical Qigong Dao Yin training
- Medical Qigong postural training
- Medical Qigong respiratory training
- Medical Qigong mental Dao Yin training
- Introduction to Qi deviations
- Rectifying Qi deviations with medical Qigong Therapy
- Dealing with psychic attacks using mantras for protection
- Encounters with ghosts and spirit entities
- Treating demon and spirit oppression and possession
MQT 7: Medical Qigong in Pediatrics, Geriatrics, Gynaecology, Neurology and Energetic Psychology
- Medical Qigong Therapy and Pediatrics
- Medical Qigong Therapy and Geriatrics
- Medical Qigong Therapy and Gynaecology
- Medical Qigong Therapy and Neurology
- Medical Qigong Therapy and Energy Psychology
MQT 8: Introduction to Medical Qigong Therapy for Oncology
- History of oncology in Chinese medical Qi Gong therapy
- Introduction to clinical protocols
- Supportive clinical protocols for cancers: Brain, Breast, Lung, Ovarian, Cervical, Prostate, Colon
- Working with the chakra gates
- Colour therapy in medical Qi Gong
Medical Qigong: Clinical Theatre, Internship, and Final Examination
This seminar will be the culminating event for each of the certification programs (MQP and MQT). Beyond the theoretical and practical exams, it offers the student exposure and first hand experience of medical Qigong assessment and supportive treatments. The student will study and experience different aspects of energetic dysfunctions and symptom manifestations.
Michel Duhaime R.Ac., MMQ, herbalist
Completion of all in-class medical Qigong practitioner training.
Basic Traditional Chinese Medicine Theory - 50 hours
Western Anatomy - 50 hours
Western Physiology II - 50 hours
The Secret Teaching of Chinese Energetic Medicine by professor Jerry Alan Johnson, Volumes 1-4,
the previous edition entitled Chinese Medical Qigong Therapy, Volumes 1-4, same author.
Course Dates & Course fees - see separate page
For more information, or to register, please contact Michel Duhaime directly at firstname.lastname@example.org